Menards no longer carries the Miratec trim, that I was using before, so I’ll be trying out the new material they carry called Acre…

This material, Acre, feels solid. I purchased three planks of 1 x 6 x 8…

I’ll start by duplicating this small piece. The original fascia boards are 1 x 4, but since there’s room, I’ll be replacing them with 1 x 6…

Marking up the cut…

The Acre material cuts nice and smooth…

The angle looks pretty good…

On to the next piece…

With the first two pieces cut, it’s time to install them. I’m not real happy with the fit of the angles, but I think I can salvage it…

Because the angles are difficult to replicate using the original fascia boards, I changed my tactic. I found it easier to make fine adjustments to the first angle until it precisely matched up to the piece that was already installed. Then, I would cut the new piece to size at the angle it needed and install it…

Last summer, when I was repairing the Decorative Shingles in this area, I just kinda followed the chunk of metal that was here…

Now, I’ll need to make some cuts to accommodate the new fascia board…

The area that needs to be removed…

I was able to use my oscillating tool to remove it…

And, the last two pieces of new fascia were installed…

Tags:

No responses yet

Leave a Reply