On the old roof, we needed a Rain Diverter, so I had just used a small section of old K-Style Eaves Trough. It wasn’t pretty, but it got the job done (see first image on this page). Now, since the Roof has been replaced, I decided to make a much nicer looking Rain Diverter…

I started with a piece of the old K-Style Eaves Troughs that we had on hand…

Using tin snips, I removed all of the parts I didn’t need, and ended up with a piece that’s right at five feet long…

I used a hammer and a piece of wood to fold over one edge and make it nice and flat…

Since I don’t have a brake, I cut a piece of wood down to 2 1/4 inches wide. And, then clamped it in place…

I then bent the metal over the edge of the wood to create a nice lip that will keep water from splashing over the top of the Rain Diverter…

I then used a hammer to lightly tap the edges of the lip to get it all nice and straight…

I had this old dark brown spray paint, which is a pretty close match to the color of the Roof…

The new Rain Diverter, all painted…

Tags:

No responses yet

Leave a Reply