Month: June 2018

The first coat of primer got a quick hand sanding… And, a second coat of primer… Finally, the entire Post has it’s first coat of primer…
The first coat of primer got a hand sanding… The door hardware was removed… And the whole front side will got primed…
Time to start priming this Post… Finally, the entire Post has it’s first coat of primer…
The window glazing repairs have now dried enough. So, I sanded the already primed area down a bit… And, primed the whole area… The whole front side will get primed, eventually…
It’s been about a week since I glued the two parts together… Time to remove the strapping… I removed the excess adhesive… Then used the wood rasp to rough it into shape… The connection then got a coat of wood restorer. This concludes the major repair portion…
I want the bottom of the Posts to have an “adjustable height foot” that will also keep the wood from resting directly on the Porch Floor… Using the quick square to find the center of the post bottom… “X” marks the spot… I then used a 1/2 inch spade bit… To drill a hole to […]
Spent most of the day sanding down the wood repair putty that I added yesterday… I’m going to try putting some of this stuff on all of the parts that still seem a bit soft… I guess we’ll see how well that works…
Spent the afternoon sanding down the wood repair putty in the more intricate areas… Time for a little more wood repair putty… A little bit goes a long way. Now, it just has to dry…
Projects At A Glance
  • Servant Quarters Chimney (1)
Archives
  • 2022 (32)
  • 2021 (76)
  • 2020 (99)
  • 2019 (19)
  • 2018 (53)
  • 2017 (35)
  • 2016 (62)
  • 2015 (80)
  • 2014 (72)
  • 2013 (34)
  • 2012 (123)
  • 2011 (95)
  • 2010 (46)
  • 2009 (86)
  • 2008 (84)
  • 2007 (59)
  • 2006 (61)
  • 2005 (127)
  • 2004 (185)
  • 2003 (168)
  • 2002 (43)
  • 2001 (28)