Month: May 2018

Now, time to use my hand sander and smooth out all of the wood repair putty… Starting to look a lot better…
The construction adhesive has had time to cure… First, it gets the wood rasp… The result…
This door has been neglected for too long… The window glazing has failed in several places… I cleaned out the old, loose window glazing, and applied new… The filler I added here, didn’t seem to do it’s job, either… I removed all of the loose bits. Then, injected construction adhesive into the opening. This door […]
The adhesive has cured for a couple of days. So, it’s time to sand it down. I find it’s easiest to use a wood rasp to knock it down first… Then, use a hand sander for the final smoothing… There are still some low spots… So, I applied another coat of adhesive…
Over winter, the first Post bottom I built decided it wanted to split wide open down an entire side. Again, it’s extremely aggravating that the wood you buy these days is SO inferior. And, it’s expensive on top of it… I’m applying construction adhesive to try and repair it… Using a nail to force the […]
Ready to cut the other Post bottoms… Three more Post bottom blanks…
Projects At A Glance
  • Servant Quarters Chimney (1)
Archives
  • 2022 (32)
  • 2021 (76)
  • 2020 (99)
  • 2019 (19)
  • 2018 (53)
  • 2017 (35)
  • 2016 (62)
  • 2015 (80)
  • 2014 (72)
  • 2013 (34)
  • 2012 (123)
  • 2011 (95)
  • 2010 (46)
  • 2009 (86)
  • 2008 (84)
  • 2007 (59)
  • 2006 (61)
  • 2005 (127)
  • 2004 (185)
  • 2003 (168)
  • 2002 (43)
  • 2001 (28)