Month: September 2017

Making some progress… I switched over from using the hammer & chisel to try something crazy. I have a set of mortise bits that can be used with my drill press. But, this piece of wood is too tall to fit. So, I put the mortise bit in my hand drill. It was a bit […]
After wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get a nice, straight cut on the 6×6, it dawned on me to try using my miter saw… I got it all set up… And within a couple of minutes, I had a nice straight cut. Sometimes, it’s the most simple method that ends up […]
I re-calibrated my circular saw and got the blade set to a perfect 90 degrees, but I need a better way to keep the saw straight while making the four side cuts… I took an old 1×6… Cut it into three pieces… Clamped them to the 6×6… And used wood screws to put them together… […]
I wasn’t completely happy with the way that the glued together 2x6s were looking/performing, so… I bought a treated 6×6… I marked my cut lines… Clamped it, and then made the cuts… I think my circular saw needs a bit of calibrating. luckily, I cut this a little longer than I actually need it to […]
Completed the repair work on the south side… View from the ground. I can move this one back to the “completed projects” column, for now…
Ready to continue repair work on the south side… I lowered the bottom set of roof jacks down to the next section… The wood plank before being lowered the bottom set of roof jacks… I got all of the damaged strips removed from the next sections… My (un)willing help, clinging to the chimney stack…
Projects At A Glance
  • Servant Quarters Chimney (1)
Archives
  • 2022 (32)
  • 2021 (76)
  • 2020 (99)
  • 2019 (19)
  • 2018 (53)
  • 2017 (35)
  • 2016 (62)
  • 2015 (80)
  • 2014 (72)
  • 2013 (34)
  • 2012 (123)
  • 2011 (95)
  • 2010 (46)
  • 2009 (86)
  • 2008 (84)
  • 2007 (59)
  • 2006 (61)
  • 2005 (127)
  • 2004 (185)
  • 2003 (168)
  • 2002 (43)
  • 2001 (28)