Month: July 2016

It’s been about 3 years since we purchased it, but the new fountain has finally been installed… Actually, this is only the first phase of this project. Stay tuned… The included lighting looks really nice as the day turns to dusk…
Today, I’ll be taking down the remaining deteriorated parts of the chimney… I finally reached solid, stable brick, just below the roof line… Shot through the little triangular opening in the rafters, looking west… Shot through the little triangular opening in the rafters, looking east. We’ve seen the burned wood from the Attic, but it’s […]
Jumping back to this project, I want to start trying to duplicate the top piece of the baseboards… Comparison of an existing piece, and my “blank”. The first cut, seems fairly simple, so I went with that. I used my router table, and a rounding bit… My result, on the left…
How it currently looks, with the chimney almost completely removed…
This chimney top was installed back when we had the fireplace converted over to gas and a liner was added… The top of the chimney had a LOT of loose pieces of parging… A first peek up under the chimney top. Looking down the chimney… After removing a few of the bricks… It’s becoming apparent […]
Projects At A Glance
  • Servant Quarters Chimney (1)
Archives
  • 2022 (32)
  • 2021 (76)
  • 2020 (99)
  • 2019 (19)
  • 2018 (53)
  • 2017 (35)
  • 2016 (62)
  • 2015 (80)
  • 2014 (72)
  • 2013 (34)
  • 2012 (123)
  • 2011 (95)
  • 2010 (46)
  • 2009 (86)
  • 2008 (84)
  • 2007 (59)
  • 2006 (61)
  • 2005 (127)
  • 2004 (185)
  • 2003 (168)
  • 2002 (43)
  • 2001 (28)