Month: June 2015

We installed the new ceiling fan we bought a while back for this room.
An, finally, the edging was painted burgundy, with gold highlighting. The completed paint job. The ceiling repair is now dry enough to mount the medallion… The medallion was glued into place…
The hole in the ceiling has now been patched with quick set drywall mud… It doesn’t need to be perfect, since the new medallion will cover it. I just have to make sure there’s not anything sticking out that will prevent it from sitting flat against the ceiling…
While I’m working on patching the ceiling in the Parlor, I’ll patch these holes left over from the cabinet installation… Quick set drywall mud, applied to the holes…
The wire was run through the new support… Then, I replaced lath that was removed. I also added extra support pieces that bridge the hole and are attached to the old lath. This should help give the short pieces some support… Angled view…
The main painted area, completed. I also painted the center, and outer edging with the ceiling paint we’ll be using.
The leaves were painted dark green, and then got some lighter green highlights… The flowers were painted a dusty rose color, and then got some lighter highlights…
We bought this medallion a while back, specifically to use in the Parlor. Detail of the design… Rather than just go with a solid color, I’m electing to bring in some of the color from the room… The background is a peachy color… The ribbon is burgundy. Then, the raised parts of the ribbon got […]
Projects At A Glance
  • Servant Quarters Chimney (1)
Archives
  • 2022 (32)
  • 2021 (76)
  • 2020 (99)
  • 2019 (19)
  • 2018 (53)
  • 2017 (35)
  • 2016 (62)
  • 2015 (80)
  • 2014 (72)
  • 2013 (34)
  • 2012 (123)
  • 2011 (95)
  • 2010 (46)
  • 2009 (86)
  • 2008 (84)
  • 2007 (59)
  • 2006 (61)
  • 2005 (127)
  • 2004 (185)
  • 2003 (168)
  • 2002 (43)
  • 2001 (28)