Month: September 2011

New cement board lap siding, painted… Hopefully, this will last longer than the wood repairs I previously did…
The original siding on this wall was restored back in 2004, but is already in really bad condition… Cracks in the wood, and peeling paint… Major wood splitting… All of this was repaired, but just didn’t hold up to the harsh weather we have in Iowa… I really hate to do it, but this has […]
We decided to make this junction box a little more useful… I’ll be adding a couple of new receptacles, since there aren’t a lot upstairs. To properly mount receptacles in one of these type of boxes, the little “ears” have to be snapped off along the score lines. The receptacles wired into the circuit… the […]
After the two upper trim pieces were reinstalled, there was a pretty large gap between them… I used my sander to level out the area… Then, I applied some Bondo… After a rough sanding… The final sanding. The upper trim, ready to be painted. The upper trim, painted.
Now that the siding is completed on the East side of the Main House, it’s time to return to this project and try to get this front wall completed before winter. I snapped a chalk line where the last piece of siding needs to go… These door trim pieces also need to be painted… Cement […]
Projects At A Glance
  • Servant Quarters Chimney (1)
Archives
  • 2022 (32)
  • 2021 (76)
  • 2020 (99)
  • 2019 (19)
  • 2018 (53)
  • 2017 (35)
  • 2016 (62)
  • 2015 (80)
  • 2014 (72)
  • 2013 (34)
  • 2012 (123)
  • 2011 (95)
  • 2010 (46)
  • 2009 (86)
  • 2008 (84)
  • 2007 (59)
  • 2006 (61)
  • 2005 (127)
  • 2004 (185)
  • 2003 (168)
  • 2002 (43)
  • 2001 (28)