Month: August 2011

Finishing touches put on the new siding, and we can move this project to the “completed” column. I’m extremely impressed at how well the cement board looks. Even up close, it’s really hard to tell that it’s not actually wood.
Painted the outside of the new storm window with the door & trim paint. This completes this stage of the project. The next stage will be to see how well the window performs, over the next year or so, as well as how it hold up.
The new window stay, installed. Trying out the new storm window, by using a small temporary screen above the upper window sash.
Installed the hinges into the side window trim. Also, applied some self-adhesive foam weatherstripping where the new storm window meets the window frame. New storm window set in place… I then installed a eye & hook latch so the window can be securely latched when closed. I purchased some window stays, and in order to […]
The notches of the window trim where the hinges will connect, painted with the door & trim paint…
Now, to tackle the most tedious part of this area… First, I had to use some Bondo to fill in the part of the trim that used to go around the old siding. The part that was going to show, got painted the light yellow color (Vanilla Cream). The next piece of new lap board […]
The outside of the new storm window frame was painted with the door & trim paint… Ready to install the hinges… I used the hinge to mark where the holes should go… Made a small pilot hole with a small nail… Then, drilled holes the correct size for the screws that will be used. Then, […]
Projects At A Glance
  • Servant Quarters Chimney (1)
Archives
  • 2022 (32)
  • 2021 (76)
  • 2020 (99)
  • 2019 (19)
  • 2018 (53)
  • 2017 (35)
  • 2016 (62)
  • 2015 (80)
  • 2014 (72)
  • 2013 (34)
  • 2012 (123)
  • 2011 (95)
  • 2010 (46)
  • 2009 (86)
  • 2008 (84)
  • 2007 (59)
  • 2006 (61)
  • 2005 (127)
  • 2004 (185)
  • 2003 (168)
  • 2002 (43)
  • 2001 (28)