Month: April 2005

Top of the gate posts notched to add the arch piece. Another view of the notches. The fully cured arch with the mating notches cut.  Just need to sand down the glue that was forced out during clamping. Testing the fit. Not too bad! Arch attached and seams filled.  Note that the gate latch has […]
To create the arbor arch, I used 2 treated 4x4x8s and sliced them into 1/8 inch planks (My saw blade removed about 1/8 of an inch between planks, so it took 2 4x4s to make enough planks to make 1 new 4×4). The 1/8 inch planks were flexible enough to then bend around the form […]
The door hinges removed.  It appears that they have some sort of stain on them, covering the original brass finish. The mortise lock, removed and opened for cleaning and oiling.  Surprisingly, all of the springs were intact. Mortise, reassembled and the faceplate cleaned.
We found some sash lift hardware that is almost the same style as the original sash locks.  While the original windows didn’t have any lift hardware, we decided to go ahead and add them.
Restored window, with the new exterior paint color, before the storm window was reinstalled.
Time to start working on the front gate area.  In the other post, where we built the picket fence, I mentioned that I had future plans for the taller posts that were on each side of the gate.  My plan is to add an arbor.  I built a form to begin constructing the arch that […]
With the back wall of the Breezeway nearly completed, it was time to spruce up the area with a new flowerbed. All of the landscaping timbers installed.
Projects At A Glance
  • Miscellaneous (6)
  • 2009 (2)
  • 2008 (84)
  • 2007 (59)
  • 2006 (61)
  • 2005 (127)
  • 2004 (185)
  • 2003 (168)
  • 2002 (43)
  • 2001 (28)