Month: June 2004

With the main sections of the rubber roof adhered to the roof decking, we then got the area where it connected to the Main House prepped so that the siding could be reinstalled. We did the same thing where the roof connected to the Servant’s Quarters. We had to do a little patch job here, […]
The rubber roof installation was tedious and very messy, so we have no photos of the actual process.  In this photo, the main part of the rubber has been glued in place. The new roof, shortly after being glued down.
The new rubber roof has arrived, so it’s time to get the flashing installed.  I used the same aluminum that I used for the new drainage channels. View of the flashing against the Servant’s Quarters wall. Flashing around the wooden trim. Flashing around the other wooden trim. Flashing under the eave. A small piece of […]
The new drainage system installation is now completed on the other side of the roof. The part that runs over the back door.  There’s not a lot of roof deck to work with here. View of both new drainage channels. Another view of both new drainage channels. This is on the underside of the roof, […]
The long joists on this end were just a bit shorter than they needed to be, so I had to improvise by attaching a 2 x 4 to the ends of the joists down the entire length of the wall.  Then, I added a small section of 2 x 4 to bring the joists to […]
The center part of the new roof decking installed The portion of the roof that still needs to have new decking installed. Outside view of the new decking progress.  The channel is being left open to accommodate the new drainage system that will be built into the new roof.  The flat, strips of grey metal […]
Projects At A Glance
  • Miscellaneous (5)
  • 2005 (76)
  • 2004 (185)
  • 2003 (168)
  • 2002 (43)
  • 2001 (28)